Monday, December 24, 2012

Mi Lady M


My Dearest Lady M
It has been a long time since I last wrote to you. Long being a few hours since I sent you a message on Whatsapp. Time apart from you seems to be a lifetime when it comes to you. And who can blame me? I have the most wonderful girlfriend; one who I did not even think to wish for, but one who is truly a gift from God in my life. That is why I dance every time I see you. It is a reflection of the joy within me that I cannot contain
To say that you have made me happy is a statement of the obvious.
At the beginning of the year I would never have imagined that I would be calling you my girlfriend and that I would be this happy. I hoped, but I never imagined. Back then, I only had what I thought was a crush. That is why when I say that I am blessed it is beyond what I could have hoped for.
The year that has passed has seen a few highs and lows for the two of us. Going through this has brought us to where we both are. It has made us stronger and closer to not only each other, but also to God who we ultimately had to depend on.
If God will it, I want this to go on for a long time; a very long time. I want to share the rest of my life with you. My life. Not moments or periods of good times, but everything. Every living moment of it that God gives me on this earth.
I know all this may sound deep and is probably quite a mouthful for you take up, but you know where it comes from. I am in love with you. That is one thing that you should not doubt at all. And I plan to show it to you as much and as often as you allow me. (I know my mushiness needs some brakes sometimes) I plan to be there.
Thank you for coming into my life and filling it with such joy. Thank you for accepting me as I am and not judging or questioning me. But moving past all my imperfections and taking me as I am. For I know I am a flawed person, but you make me want to get better and be better. And that was before I even called you my girlfriend.
Given the season, I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas. May you share love laughter and happiness with your family.

With warmest regards,
Your Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment